Normally when we do new construction we install the ducting and mechanical then come back in a few months when the drywall is up and install the air handlers and condensers.This time we did things a little backwards.The contractor wanted us to install the air handlers first in the framing stage of the house. He dry walled, trimmed and painted the closet so we could install the air handlers early. For this project we installed the Frigidaire variable speed air handlers. These air handlers are really nice and extremely quit. We have installed thousands of the Trane XL variable speed Hyperion air handlers and the variable speed Frigidaire air handler is by far the better choice.
Key benefits on why the Frigidaire iQ drive air handler stands out from other brands.
Durable, Attractive Cabinet: Designed using
galvanized steel.The door is also galvanized steel, with
a polyester urethane finish.The 950 hour salt spray finish
resists corrosion 50% better than comparable units.The
plastic drain pan is corrosion-resistant.
• Multi-poised:Can be used in horizontal, upflow, downflow
and vertical applications.
• Increased efficiency: Air conditioning efficiency
up to 24.5 SEER. Heat pump efficiency up to 22 SEER.
• ECM Variable Speed Motor:Advanced technology allows
for automatic selection of cooling airflow's and heating
airflow's to match any application.
• Quiet Blower Operation:Extra quiet and smooth blower
on and off cycles.
• Reduced air stratification: This results in improved
air quality by optimizing humidity removal and filtration
• Ease-of-Service: Plug-in wire connections and built-in
filter rack makes the air handler easy to service.
• Plug-in Heater Kits: Available in 5 kw - 30 kw
• Air Handler Control Board: Controls time-sequencing
of heat stages with field-selectable sequence timing.
• Breaker Accessibility: Breaker accessible from front of
unit when heater is applied.
• No Fasteners on Sides or Back: Smooth surfaces for
ease of installation.
• Cabinet Insulation: 1" insulation with an R-value of
4.2 contributes to quiet operation and prevents cabinet
sweating in difficult applications.
• Designed to meet the requirements 610.2.A.2: Meets
Florida building code requirements for air leakage.
• Anteater Coil Technology: Copper alloy with zinc
additives to stop formicary corrosion.